STUDENT TRANSFER REQUESTS
Student Transfer Information
Thank you for your interest in the student transfer process for Columbus ISD. The Out of District
Transfer application (living in another district and applying to attend CISD) can be found below.
Please read carefully and complete the entire application. If you are new to Columbus ISD,
additional documents are required to complete your application. The list of those documents can
be found on the application. An application for transfer into the district does not necessarily mean
the application will be approved. Approvals are for the current school year only and do not roll
over into the next school year.
The following conditions will apply to any transfer requests that are considered:
- Approval is year-to-year. There is no guarantee once a student is granted a transfer that the transfer will be approved in following years
- No transportation will be provided by the district
- The district may assign students to a campus based on district needs
- Requests may be denied for reasons that include space and instructors available, attendance and behavior
- NEW TO CISD- Required supporting documents MUST be submitted with application for all NEW to CISD transfer requests.
- This list of documents can be found on the application.
- CISD will not pursue supporting documents for these requests. Applications submitted without supporting documents will not be considered.
Out-of-District Transfer Requests for the 2021-2022 School Year are now being accepted. The transfer acceptance window is June 1– June 30, 2021, 2021. The appropriate forms are located below. After completion, return the request form to:
Columbus ISD Administration Office
105 Cardinal Lane
Columbus, TX 78934