Health Education Advisory Committee
Columbus ISD Health Education Advisory Committee
School Health Advisory Council
Statement for Public Inspection
2018-2019 School Year
As mandated in Policy BDF (Legal) CISD publishes in the student handbook and on the district web page the following statements of compliance:
- Columbus ISD offers PE to students in Kindergarten through 2nd grade for an average of 250 minutes per week, which exceeds the state requirement of 135 minutes per week at Columbus Elementary. Students in 3rd, 4th and 5th grade at Columbus Elementary receive 150 minutes per week, which also exceeds the requirement of 135 minutes a week. Columbus ISD Physical Education students at Columbus Junior High average of 250 minutes a week in their physical education class. Columbus High School students average 250 minutes a week in physical education class.
- The Health Education Advisory Committee (HEAC) scheduled four meetings during the 2017-2018 school year on 10-25-17, 12-12-17, 2-13-18 and 5-22-18. The HEAC has scheduled four meetings for the 2018-2019 school year to be held on 10-25-18, 12-12-18, 2-13-19 and 4-24-19. Meetings are held in the CISD Board Room (on the CHS campus) starting at 5:00 p.m.
- You can request a copy of the meeting agendas and minutes by contacting Amber Berger at 979-732-5704 or through email using firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Columbus ISD is in compliance with the Texas Department of Agriculture Nutritional Guidelines.
- District policies FNCD (Legal), DH (Legal) and EHAB (Legal) address the prohibition of tobacco, electronic cigarettes, or any other electronic vaporizing device use or possession while on school property or at school related or school sanctioned events which are held on or off of school property. The Columbus ISD Student Code of Conduct outlines the consequences of failing to comply.
- Parents can request in writing their child’s physical fitness assessment results at the end of the school year.