Columbus Junior High School – Riverside Campus

Meet the Counselor
Divin Picture

Kay Divin - Counselor
Columbus Junior High School - RC
702 Rampart Street
Columbus, TX 78934
Fax:  979-732-9081 
Email Icon


As the Counselor at Columbus Junior High School – Riverside Campus, I am committed to supporting achievement for all students. This will be accomplished through effective communication, leadership, advocacy, and equity.


For Students:

How Does My Counselor Assist Me?

·         Help you be the best student you can be by:

Supporting academic achievement

Increasing career awareness

Assisting with personal development

These successes can be achieved through:

Classroom lessons

Counseling groups

Individual Counseling

Registration and Scheduling

Don’t forget: The Counseling Department offers something for everyone!


How do I Contact my Counselor?

·         Tell a teacher and get a pass

·         Tell a parent

·         Come to the Counseling Office

·         See my counselor during lunch

·         Before school, during lunch, and after school is the best times to come to the Counseling Office so you do not miss instruction.


For Parents:

How do I make an appointment to meet with my child's counselor?

Parents can call 979-732-2891 between the hours of 7:30 and 4:00 to arrange an appointment, or email the counselor directly.


How do I make an appointment with one of my child's teachers?

To meet with an individual teacher or to arrange a time to meet with the team of teachers, please call the main office at 979-732-2891 and leave a message with the secretary or email the teacher directly.


What should I do when my child is absent from school?

Call the school secretary, (979-732-2891), on the morning of the absence.  On the day he/she returns, the child must bring a note signed by his/her parent to the secretary.  Notes brought in after the day he/she returns will not be accepted. The note must contain:

·         student’s full name

·         date(s) of absence

·         reason for absence

·         parent’s signature


How can I arrange to get work for my child when he/she is ill?

If your child is absent, please call Bealinda O'Brien in the office (979-732-2891) by 8:30 a.m. that morning.  Work will be available to pick up in the front office after 3:00 p.m. If your child knows that he/she will be absent, he/she may arrange to get the make-up work from their teachers prior to the absence.